Attaining ACTFL’s standard of 90%+ target language use for teachers and students is easier than it seems! With classroom-proven, highly effective techniques and strategies, all teachers can reach and even exceed the 90% mark. You’ll learn highly effective teaching strategies for increasing target language use, when the use of English is appropriate, ways to motivate all students to use the target language, and develop oral proficiency through interpersonal activities and assessments.
1. 90%+…Who, What, Where, When, Why, & How?
- ACTFL Position Statement on Target Language Use
- ACTFL Strategies for Supporting Target Language Use
- ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines
- Talking Tacos – Explaining Proficiency to Parents
- Resources to Flip Grammar Instruction
- The PACE Model for Teaching Grammar
- TELL Teacher Language Use Focused Feedback Tool
- TELL Student Language Use Focused Feedback Tool
2. Get Them Speaking!
- Resources for Interpersonal Speaking activities
- WordCloud Generator Sites
3. Lesson Planning for TL Use
4. Speaking Performance Assessments
- Principles of Assessment in World Languages – Greg Duncan
- Thomas Sauer’s OneDrive
- Georgia Department of Education – WL Performance Assessments
- STARTALK Assessment Presentation
Where to Find Me?